1.05.2013

Learning to crochet

I'm an avid knitter, but I've always been curious about the art of crochet. My grandma is a master and has given us many blankets over the years. She tried to teach me, but I never really caught on. Over Christmas break I picked up some yarn that I got for my birthday and consulted YouTube. I'm half way done with a purple dish cloth. I want to try a phone case next. Any tips for a beginner crocheter? Which yarn craft is your favorite? (Knitting is still mine)
P.S. As you can see in the photo, I'm reading 1984. My respect for George Orwell has quadrupled. I'm also reading the true story of Downton Abbey (YAY SEASON 3 STARTS SUNDAY!), Lady Almina and Highclere Castle. And I'm also reading Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (yes it's grammatically incorrect), which is a heart wrenching autobiographical look at growing up in Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) during their civil war. So now you've got enough to read for a while! Grab a cuppa tea. :)

4 comments:

  1. yay for you! I love that colour purple...its very eggplant...delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the color, too! It was a great birthday gift. :)

      Delete
  2. Wheat a gorgeous colour, I love both knitting and crochet ... I learnt to knit first, but love them both.

    Thank you for all the lovely comments on my blog, life is a bit hectic for the next few months but then I will (hopefully) be back to normal with FV too!

    I hope you are well and school is going ok xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my life is very hectic right now, too! School's alright but super busy... it's causing most of the stress.

      I think I still love knitting more too, but I'm excited to learn all the versatile things you can do with crochet.

      Good to hear from you, and I hope life returns to normal for the both of us! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Please just drop a line or two, and I promise I'll get back to you. (yes, I said that because it rhymed :)